Avalon Outlines Strategic Direction and Provides Update on 2023 Activities
15 May 2023
Toronto, ON – Avalon Advanced Materials Inc. (TSX: AVL and OTCQB: AVLNF) (“Avalon” or the “Company”), a lithium-focused mineral development company advancing critical mineral projects to support the North American clean technology supply chain, is pleased to outline Avalon’s strategic direction and provide an update on key 2023 activities.
- Appointment of Zeeshan Syed as President, to lead the Company’s growth and commercial strategy, and Rickardo Welyhorsky as COO, to lead key project initiatives and development work related to the Company’s lithium portfolio.
- Completion of 2022-2023 drill program at Separation Rapids, with recently announced drill results highlights (assays from four holes are still pending – see news release dated May 4, 2023).
- Preparation of further exploration plans in 2023, which will include drilling the Snowbank target (6km northwest of flagship Separation Rapids), continue drilling at Separation Rapids and Lilypad.
- Additional baseline environmental study work underway.
- Ongoing lithium hydroxide conversion test work being conducted by a major technology group using innovative process technology.
- Discussions with various engineering firms in preparation of a definitive feasibility study on Separation Rapids.
“Avalon’s new strategic direction, and the key to unlocking shareholder value, focuses on advancing Separation Rapids through continued exploration and project development work,” commented Zeeshan Syed, President of Avalon. “Accelerated growth within our entire lithium portfolio will position the Company as a substantial contributor to the North American critical minerals sector. Importantly, this mandate is supported by plans to assemble an execution-focused team of professionals at the corporate and Board level.”