CIRNAC Nunavut Mining Recorder’s Office: reporting relief for mineral claims and prospecting permits
4 May 2020
The CIRNAC Nunavut Mining Recorder’s Office has announced prospecting permits and mineral claims reporting requirements have been extended.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CIRNAC Nunavut Mining Recorder's Office recognizes that exploration programs will not be able to proceed this upcoming field season and would like to extend the offer of applying for relief of the reporting requirements contained within the Nunavut Mining Regulations. If current measures for COVID-19 extend beyond this year, the Nunavut Mining Recorder’s Office will process an additional year of relief on prospecting permits and mineral claims.
The CIRNAC Nunavut Mining Recorder’s Office, has provided templates (below) to request relief of assessment work for prospecting permits and mineral claims.
For clarification purposes, CIRNAC MRO advises the following:
- You do not have to wait until the anniversary date of your tenure to submit a request for relief pursuant to either Section 16 (prospecting permits) or Section 51 (mineral claims)
- The request can be applied to all prospecting permits and mineral claims regardless of their anniversary date (2020 and beyond)
- The approval of these requests will result in the extension of the duration of your mineral tenure by 1 year beyond the current anniversary date
- The submission of individual requests is necessary to ensure the accurate and prompt processing of relief by the Nunavut Mining Recorder’s Office.
- All requests received for relief on prospecting permits and mineral claims will be processed and approved
CIRNAC MRO asks that you complete the appropriate template above and submit your request to Karen Dunphy at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing as soon as possible. Should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact Karen by email or phone at 867-222-3051.
Note that this correspondence is only related to relief measures for prospecting permits and mineral claims. CIRNAC is currently reviewing other relief measures and will provide updates as additional information becomes available.