Chamber of Mines posts industry information for NWT candidates
10 September 2019
(Yellowknife, NT – September 10, 2019) The NWT & Nunavut Chamber of Mines has posted two documents to guide candidates running in the upcoming NWT election.
- Chamber of Mines Backgrounder and Guide for Election Candidates consists of visual slides explaining why industry is so important to the NWT, describes the significant opportunity and potential which exists in the territory, and closes with recommendations on how to address the challenges to sustain and grow opportunities
- Information for Candidates in the 2019 NWT Election provides detail on 7 focus areas including:
- access to land
- infrastructure deficit
- high costs
- regulatory costs and delays
- Indigenous governments’ expectations and demands
- public awareness; and
- recommendation to launch a visionary investment confidence strategy
The Chamber of Mines is participating with the NWT Chamber of Commerce in hosting several candidate forums from September 9-11 in Yellowknife to hear comments from those seeking election.