MAX Awards Recipients and Keynote Speaker with photos
4 December 2018
The NWT & Nunavut Chamber of Mines, in partnership with the Government of the Northwest Territories, presented the 2018 Northwest Territories Mining and Exploration (MAX) Awards at a banquet on November 22, 2018.
NWT MAX awards recognize individuals, organizations and accomplishments that have made major contributions to a variety of aspects of the Northwest Territories’ minerals industry, the largest private sector contributor to our economy.
This year’s MAX Awards recipients are:
- Distinguished Service: Gren Thomas – explorer and mine finder
- Economic Leadership: De Beers Canada – Gahcho Kué diamond mine operator
- Environmental & Social Responsibility: Ni Hadi Xa – environmental monitor for Gahcho Kué mine
- Indigenous Achievement: Cece Hodgson-McCauley – development & community supporter
- Special Achievement (shared):
- Diavik Dike Design, Construction and Operations
- Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Ice Road
For more on the outstanding MAX Awards recipients, see Backgrounder attached.
Click here for the awards banquet slides with photos highlighting the recipients, and the Keynote Speaker at the Awards Banquet, Robin Goad, President and CEO of Fortune Minerals.
The NWT MAX awards is a partnership between the Chamber of Mines and the GNWT’s Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment.